Friday, May 8, 2009

Maybe

God's Word is like fire in my bones.

Sometimes, I tell myself that I shouldn't freak people out by talking too much about God or His Word.

Sometimes, I wonder if I should water down my speech or even carry conversations in a way without any reference to God.

Maybe then, I convince myself, people will be more comfortable around me. Who knows, maybe they will even like me more. Sometimes, I assume, if I speak what people like to hear I won't come across as a Jesus freak or too spiritual.

My mind is filled with maybe this and maybe that. Deep inside I have somehow become a people pleaser. I have compromised countless times just to be accepted.

To be honest, I can't do this anymore.

I need to be true to myself.
I need to be true to my calling.
Most importantly,
I need to be true to my God.

"If I say I’ll never mention the Lord
or speak in his name,
his word burns in my heart like a fire.
It’s like a fire in my bones!
I am worn out trying to hold it in!
I can’t do it!"

Jeremiah 20:9

No comments: